Air conditioning systems are complex machines. Over time, various issues that require professional attention can arise.
Here are some common reasons that AC systems may need to be repaired:
- Dirty or clogged filters: Neglected air filters can become clogged with dust and debris, restricting airflow and forcing your AC system to work harder. This increased strain on the system can lead to reduced efficiency and potential component failure.
- Refrigerant leaks: If your AC system is low on refrigerant, it’s likely due to a leak in the lines. Leaking refrigerant affects cooling performance and can damage the compressor and other components.
- Frozen evaporator coils: Insufficient airflow, low refrigerant levels, or dirty coils can cause the evaporator coil to freeze, preventing your AC system from effectively cooling your space.
- Faulty thermostats or sensors: Malfunctioning thermostats or sensors can cause erratic temperature fluctuations, short cycling, or continuous operation, putting additional strain on your AC system and increasing energy costs.
- Blocked or leaking drain lines: Clogged condensate drain lines can cause water to back up into your AC unit, leading to water damage, mold growth, and breakdowns.
- Worn or damaged fan belts: The fan belt connects the motor to the fan in your AC unit. A worn or damaged fan belt can cause poor airflow, decreased cooling efficiency, and even system failure.
- Electrical issues: Loose connections, faulty wiring, or malfunctioning capacitors can cause your AC unit to operate intermittently, overheat, or fail to start altogether.
- Wear and tear on components: Over time, the various components of your AC unit, such as motors, bearings, and compressors, can wear down and eventually fail, requiring repairs or replacements.
Signs It’s Time to Have Your AC System Repaired
Recognizing a faulty AC unit can help you identify issues before they spread or become worse, potentially saving you money in repair costs.
Some common symptoms of a faulty AC system include:
- Inconsistent temperatures
- Poor airflow
- Unusual noises
- Foul odors
- Increased energy bills
- Frequent cycling
- Water leaks
- Poor indoor air quality
If you are experiencing any of the above, call our team. We will come to your home, diagnose the issue, and perform reliable repairs at a low rate. We know that the Florida heat can be uncomfortable and, in some cases, potentially hazardous to your health, so we waste no time in getting your system back on track.
Preventing AC Repairs With Annual Maintenance
One of the best ways to reduce the overall cost of repairs is to perform regular air conditioning maintenance. With our Comfort Club annual air conditioning maintenance plan, you’ll receive comprehensive maintenance services, 15% off all repairs, priority scheduling, and more.
During regular maintenance visits, our HVAC technicians will clean your AC system, change filters and perform a full panel of diagnostic tests. This will ensure your AC system is running smoothly for years to come. This is a surefire way to reduce the need for AC repairs.
Emergency AC Repairs in Orlando
Although regular maintenance certainly goes a long way in preventing AC emergencies, sometimes the unexpected still happens. If you're in need of fast emergency AC repairs in Orlando, do not hesitate to call us at (877) 416-4727.
Our AC repair technicians receive more factory training than anyone else. No matter what brand of air conditioner you have, we can diagnose the issue and recommend the proper AC repairs for you.
We ensure that our technicians have trucks filled with common repair parts, so we can avoid the issue of locating and ordering specific components.
Our Orlando AC repair technicians are friendly, respectful, and thoroughly trained. They will treat your home with respect and repair your air conditioning system while ensuring your home is protected.
Your HVAC technician will provide complete details concerning any repairs and ask for your approval before completing any repairs, so you don’t need to worry about being hit with any surprise charges.